Lets share our lives, the way we love and the things that make us laugh. Every week I'm going to share a story with you. Hopefully these stories with encourage you to enjoy life, laugh a little, and love passionately!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Pain Vs. Pleasure

Contracting a sexually transmitted disease can cause someone a lifetime of pain, especially if its an STD that has no cure, like HIV, AIDS, and Herpes. All it takes is one night of unprotected pleasure to cause this horrible lifetime of pain.

According to statistics, the number of STD cases in American males have declined since 1984. But in American females, it has increased phenomenally. Now the question is, "Why is that?"



What can be done to lower these numbers? I had my first sex education class in the 7th grade. Looking back on that I thought that was a bit young. Then when I saw my classmates having babies in the 8th grade I thought maybe that wasn't young enough.

When I was in high school no one wanted to admit that they were sexually active. Then the Department of Health did a survey on all students. More that 75% of the students were having sex, and more than 50% had admitted to having an STD. That blew my mind!

Now lets look at the statistics. Females have a tendency of going to the doctor more than males, especially because females show more symptoms than males when they are infected with an STD. So is the numbers for males inaccurate because of ignorance, or is it just the blatant truth? Things that make you go hmmmm..... What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment